Energy calculator: do you know how much energy you use at home?
Before you start saving, you have to know how much electricity you are using. The energy calculator is a tool which allows us to find out how much energy we consume, what percentage of the energy goes to lighting, refrigeration, etc. Also it shows us which appliances and equipment use the most energy in our homes. With the energy calculator, you can find out:
- Approximately how much energy you use and if you are using more or less than the average amount for homes like yours
- Which appliance is using the most energy and its overall impact on energy consumption in your home
- Whether your home is above or below average for other homes like yours
- The optimal contracted power you should have according to the data you enter into the calculator
- How much money you can save on your bill by using the recommended power (compared to your current contracted power)
- How you can save energy and money by taking the personalised advice offered by the tool
How does the energy calculator work?
It is very easy. To find out how much energy your home is using, all you have to do is enter the data that the application asks for. If you want to know about personalised saving measures, have your electricity bill to hand (you will need some of the data it contains).